Friday, September 17, 2010

HEY

so my girlfriend got me this poetry book (yes i have a girlfriend!) and ive been reading it a whole lot (yes i read poetry not ashamed to admit it!) these days. its really nice how people can say so much with so little and this one really got me:

HEY
the grass beneath a tree is content
and silent

a squirrel holds an acorn in its praying hands,
offering thanks, it looks like

the nut tastes sweet; i bet the prayer spiced
it up somehow

the broken shells fall on the grass,
and the grass looks up
and says,
"hey."

and the squirrel looks down
and says,

"hey."

i have been saying "hey" lately too,
to God.

formalities just weren't
working.

that was a translation from rumi. i mean, have i ever read a poem that was so much about me and God and our planet no i dont think so. i cried and cried after i read this, and then i wrote my own love poem to God but i dont think i am ready to share it. hey to you too, i think i miss you.


hey!!!!! (no pun intended, but really i mean, HEY WHOA!)
there is a little boxelder walking around on my keyboard!
right this very minute! i gotta be careful not to crus it while i type!
i wonder what he is wanting to say?
i should let him type, but hes just too small
he cant say what he needs to
i really like these little bugs
but most of the ones i have in my house only have five legs
and the internet says six
and i wonder why i got all these broken little friends
maybe they need me
i wish i could talk to him

No comments: